Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
It is with a heart that is filled with love in which one is able to shower others with mercy, kindness, compassion, gentleness, and patience. In order to have a heart filled with love (and joy), one must let go of past hurt, anger, worry, jealousy, envy, pride and all those negative emotions that stand in the way of allowing a person to be merciful and kind. I have discovered that when I am able to let go of my hurt and worry, it is liberating! I feel relief and I am able to breathe easier. All the pent-up anger or hurt in people’s lives simply fester and hurt them in the long run. Why keep it all bottled up?
Can you visualize your worries, hurts and other negative emotions as large soap bubbles floating away in a springtime breeze? Sit with that for a long moment… pause… and breathe in deeply. Meditate or pray on it. “Lord, lift my worries, anger and hurts away, I do not need them. They are weighing me down. Allow me to be filled with love and the Holy Spirit so I may go out and serve others with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Lord God, I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen” Can you feel the positive energy as your heart fills up with love? That is God’s love you are feeling. Amazing isn’t it.
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (richardangulo.wordpress.com)
- Kindness (perseveringthroughlifeschallenges.wordpress.com)
- God is tenderhearted (gemsofgodsgrace.wordpress.com)
- fruit of the spirit | kindness (maryhess.com)
- Look at a person’s wake in life. 3.21.12 (wisdomformysons.wordpress.com)
- Putting on My New Clothes – A Heavenly Perspective (godschick.wordpress.com)