Funny, how we do not miss things until we no longer have them.
~ Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko
I told my sister this when I learned that her microwave oven stopped working, yesterday; and, she wanted to warm her coffee this morning. She had to use the stove-top. Then I started thinking this is not only true of those convenient appliances in our lives, but also with people in our lives. How often do we stop and truly appreciate the loved ones in our lives?
My life would be different without my husband, my family, my friends and my fur-baby (puppy-dog, Sasha). I try not to become complacent and take for granted that they will always be in my life. I am grateful for the reminders such as not having use of my car and computer, both of which I had to do without for a few days this past week. These temporary hassles serve to jostle my memory of what and who is important in my life. Yes, I missed not having my computer and car as these are important to my livelihood; but, I would miss my loved ones even more.
Surviving tragic events in our lives such as hurricanes, fires and tornadoes serve as eye-opening reminder of exactly what truly is important in our lives. Things can be replaced. People cannot. Let us count our blessings and appreciate the loved ones in our lives. And, let me take this moment to let you know how much I appreciate you for reading my blog. You are wonderful and I am deeply grateful!
- Don’t Microwave Anything! (celestialmusingsblog.com)
- Come Out and Play (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Adventure (Dr. Angi’s Law #6) (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Ten Things that Instantly Make Me Happy (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Treats (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Never Versus Always (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- More Than Meets The Eye (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Bend (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Success and Happiness (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Bouncing Back… (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)