Have you been KEEPING your New Year’s Resolution?
First of all what are resolutions? Resolutions are those decisions you make that you wish to follow through. I resolve…solve again? It is making a firm intention or a determination; it is a formal expression of opinion or intention. Let us work with the definition that involves the word intention. When you made your intention for the year…
1. Were you specific; did you delineate? Instead of saying I will be fit in 2012, define how; for example: I will add 10 more minutes of activity a day and eat more fruits and vegetables instead of white breads and pasta; instead of saying I want to write more this year or I want to write a book this year, set out a plan of writing 3 to 5 pages a day.
2. Have you been taking small, baby steps and/or five-minute starts? For example: taking 5 minutes to plan a meal or to write a paragraph or to walk around your home to get in a little activity.
3. Did you visualize your end result? Such as visualizing yourself fitting into elegant outfit or holding a finished product.
4. Did you seek help or support? For example: Join a fitness club or program; get a writing coach; or find good writing prompts.
5. Did you get a buddy to keep you on track? For example: A fitness witness or scribe tribe who will keep you accountable.
6. Did you reflect often as we are doing now? Look back on the progress you have made and the accomplishments through the year (graph your progress). Yes there may be moments where you slip up or do not follow through; but, the overall sense of accomplishment is there. You are making the effort. And it is never too late to get back on the wagon.
7. Have you celebrated your mini-victories. Be sure to pat yourself on the back for each day you are moving towards your goal and intention for the year.
September 1st is on Saturday; a great day to reexamine your intentions and reactivate your plans to get to your end-of-the-year goals. 4 months left in the year, that is 122 days plus the four days more days left in this month. Break it down into bite-sized, easy to swallow chunks. Some progress is better than none! Yes, you can follow through on your intentions. You will succeed!
- Top 5 Self-Editing Tips: Intention (wordservewatercooler.com)
- Mid-year resolution. (judithsmarkworld.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions that Really Matter (christinehammondcounseling.wordpress.com)
- My Slightly Past Mid-Year Resolution (chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions (beyondlifegoals.wordpress.com)
- New Year Resolutions In July (claudiajustsaying.com)
- Your Creative Intentions: The Monday Post ~ August 27, 2012 (studiomothers.com)
- How to Set an Intention (andreaaymer.wordpress.com)
Comments on: "Have you been KEEPING your New Year’s Resolution?" (2)
Great motivational blog. Thank you.