Last Day of September….Autumn Days and Thoughts.
I cannot believe we are already in October, a great month for Harvest and Halloween Events. School-aged children are in the swing of their studies. Football is on a roll. The temperatures are dropping and the leaves are changing colors and falling.
The hottest topics…political campaigning and bullying. Funny how both are in the same arena. For once, I would love to see our candidates take the high road and be role models, especially for our children. The political ad campaigns I have seen are more often than not, mean-spirited. May the best man win through accomplishments, not because one candidate had better smears than the other.
On the flip side, what started out as a bullying prank in West Branch, Michigan to a wonderful teenage girl named Whitney Kropp has turned out to be a positive and memorable time for her. You can read the full feature here: Town Turns Tables on School Prank. I will keep you posted as I learn more.
I feel by talking about things such as bullying and smear campaigns, we can spread awareness. Through awareness comes brainstorming solutions and later positive action steps, like in Michigan. Let us each do what we can to promote a more positive and loving world by being more positive and kind in our own communities. What will you do in October?
- Bullying ‘prank’ by sophomore’s classmates draws community outrage to support Whitney Kropp (fairnessworks.com)
- Michigan town tries to correct apparent bullying prank (foxnews.com)
- Bullied Michigan teen shines as homecoming princess (fox6now.com)
- I was unpopular before it was cool. (joshmosey.wordpress.com)
- Community Cheers Homecoming Prank Victim (foxnews.com)
- Whitney Kropp: A tale of rising above bullying. (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Whitney Kropp shines at West Branch homecoming, tells others targeted by bullies ‘to be brave’ (mlive.com)
- Learning lessons from autumn (livingyogawithstella.com)
- Teen Suicide Cluster in Pennsylvania (ronskemp.wordpress.com)
- Dustin VanLaningham, 17, Gone Too Soon (ronskemp.wordpress.com)
on September 26, 2012