I am upon the Eve of my Birthday. This is a great time to reflect upon the things I know NOW that I wish I knew five, ten or more years ago. The idea for this article evolved after reading a blog written by Insight: My 25 Rules of Adulthood.
With each day and every new experience I feel I have grown wiser. Passing this wisdom down to my younger self would have been awesome, but was I ready to hear it or understand it? Probably not. I will never know; however, here are a few of the things I have learned thus far in my life’s journey and perhaps you can gain some wisdom from it.
I wish I knew then what I know now:
- The difference between IMPORTANT and URGENT; not everything that is urgent is important.
- I should only value what I think of myself; and, not what others think of me. And, remember that I am FABULOUS just by being me.
- Happiness is a choice; so is fun, joy, love, etc. I can choose to be positive or negative!
- Acts of love and kindness deliver more than I might expect as my heart grows bigger and bigger with each gift.
- The path will have obstacles, which are there to teach lessons, provide experiences and assist in my growth and development.
- In most instances, there is no right or wrong, only different perspectives.
- Time does indeed heal all wounds and grant me insight if I give myself enough time and space from my hurts and wounding.
- There is a reason for everything…I have lived through many challenges that I now see I needed to go through in order to be who I am today.
- I am always where I need to be.
- To listen to my inner voice, that whisper that comes when I am sitting quietly, especially outdoors in nature.
- Life truly is an adventure, a never-ending, journey…I just need to show up to participate.
- If I truly want something, passionately and with clarity, I will get it.
What have you learned so far in your life’s journey? Please share in the comments.
- My 25 Rules of Adulthood (insightweblog.wordpress.com)
- Things I Learned At My Birthday Party (wholecreativity.wordpress.com)
- My Life is not what I expected (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual insights – Part 1 (peaceofaman.wordpress.com)
- Window 41 (awindowofwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Realizing That I Am Part of a Whole. (responsiveuniverse.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Scroll Marked I-Og Mandino (speedwater.wordpress.com)