I am upon the Eve of my Birthday. This is a great time to reflect upon the things I know NOW that I wish I knew five, ten or more years ago. The idea for this article evolved after reading a blog written by Insight: My 25 Rules of Adulthood.
With each day and every new experience I feel I have grown wiser. Passing this wisdom down to my younger self would have been awesome, but was I ready to hear it or understand it? Probably not. I will never know; however, here are a few of the things I have learned thus far in my life’s journey and perhaps you can gain some wisdom from it.
I wish I knew then what I know now:
- The difference between IMPORTANT and URGENT; not everything that is urgent is important.
- I should only value what I think of myself; and, not what others think of me. And, remember that I am FABULOUS just by being me.
- Happiness is a choice; so is fun, joy, love, etc. I can choose to be positive or negative!
- Acts of love and kindness deliver more than I might expect as my heart grows bigger and bigger with each gift.
- The path will have obstacles, which are there to teach lessons, provide experiences and assist in my growth and development.
- In most instances, there is no right or wrong, only different perspectives.
- Time does indeed heal all wounds and grant me insight if I give myself enough time and space from my hurts and wounding.
- There is a reason for everything…I have lived through many challenges that I now see I needed to go through in order to be who I am today.
- I am always where I need to be.
- To listen to my inner voice, that whisper that comes when I am sitting quietly, especially outdoors in nature.
- Life truly is an adventure, a never-ending, journey…I just need to show up to participate.
- If I truly want something, passionately and with clarity, I will get it.
What have you learned so far in your life’s journey? Please share in the comments.
- My 25 Rules of Adulthood (insightweblog.wordpress.com)
- Things I Learned At My Birthday Party (wholecreativity.wordpress.com)
- My Life is not what I expected (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual insights – Part 1 (peaceofaman.wordpress.com)
- Window 41 (awindowofwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Realizing That I Am Part of a Whole. (responsiveuniverse.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Scroll Marked I-Og Mandino (speedwater.wordpress.com)
Comments on: "I wish I knew then what I know now…" (4)
Ah, the wisdom of learning from experience. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I don’t know where that adage came from, but I remember it from “Gomer Pyle, USMC”. At any rate, may you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow. Your lessons are powerful. Thank you for your positive messages.
It is absolutely my pleasure! I deeply appreciate all the feedback! ♥ Angi
Ode to Dr. Angi on her xx Birthday
Oh my dear Another year Has gone by Time doth fly.
As you age Turn another page In the book of life May you have no strife.
It’s not what you earn But what you learn That makes us proud Puts us in a cloud
What you preach And what you teach We never miss Your “A Kiss of Bliss” With all our love, Mom and Dad
My heart is so deeply touched! This is AMAZING…it fills me with so much warmth! I am so blessed to be endowed with such loving and supportive parents! Thank you so very much!!! ♥ Angi