My friend, Susan Guild posed this question to me over the weekend, “Are you the writer, director and producer of your life?” This is a very provocative question. As I apply this question to my own life, I see that yes, that I have had a hand in my own life. I am writing my life story; I am directing my life and I am producing my life. I also see, that I cannot live my life without love and support of God, my family, friends, colleagues and community.
That being said, I am empowered to choose how I want to live my life, how I want to feel and what I want to do. I get to choose how I will react and not react. I get to choose how I will act and behave; furthermore, God gave me this gift of choice.
With each day I am given, I get to decide how I will live my day. I choose to live it with love and gratitude in my heart. Some days are easier than others; and, I rejoice that each day is different. As the writer of my life, I get to outline my time and direct it to how I wish to spend my day. I do better when I have a visual tool; so, I keep a calendar handy and I create a concept map. Tomorrow I will share my concept map with you. So, are you the writer, director and producer of your life?
- A jar of gratitude (cocoaflower.com)
- Let me live my life in gratitude (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- ‘Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.’ – Cicero (nymphobrainiac.wordpress.com)
- Day 27 – Gratitude Challenge (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)
- Dream, Visualize, Action! (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)