As the leaves fall off the trees and autumn colors are in full swing with its yellows, oranges and reds, I find myself grateful to be able to relish in its splendor. I am fortunate to live in a place where we experience four very distinct seasons of winter, spring summer and fall, which is a fabulous reminder of our own cycle of life. The bounty of our summer’s harvest has been collected. The chill is in the air.
Yes, autumn is a period of time when plant life recedes into a restful state as winter approaches. The peaceful, cold winters brings with it many wonderful holidays, but it also bring us to an end and to a close of another year. Life on earth will one day come to an end for each of us; however, this is not a time for sorrow. Indeed, it is a time for celebration, as the spring approaches with rebirth and renewal. The spirit in each of us lives on.
Spring brings new life, a period of growth and development, as each of us experience many times over in each stage of our lives. The warmer air brings hope and anticipation as we approach summer, when flowers become fruit. As we reflect on our lives, do we count years or do we think about seasons, such as that was the summer you graduated from high school or that was the spring you learned to drive.
I was blessed with a baby sister the winter of 1974. It was in the mid-summer of 2007, when I exchanged vows with the love of my life. I will never forget the fall of 2008, when we adopted our beautiful puppy dog. What do the seasons say to you? What wonderful memories do they stir? How will you spend your next winter, spring, summer and fall?
- A richly colored Autumn (uglyyellow.blogspot.com)
- Adding Color to Autumn (countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com)
- If You Haven’t Already, Plant Those Wild Flower Seeds For A Beautiful Spring Look (scarboroughfairflorals.wordpress.com)
- Are Your Kiddo’s Asking Why the Fall Leaves Change Color?? Mine is~ and this is what we came up with! (scarboroughfairflorals.wordpress.com)
- We Break for Fall: How Will You Add Color? (caregiving.com)