Christmas and New Year’s Day are of the hardest times of the year for some people, particularly if they are alone. What can you do or say to them? Search your own heart. Put yourself in their shoes. If you were alone during a significant time of the year where everyone else seems to be joyful and with family or friends, what words would comfort you? How would you like to be treated?
I would want to be treated with love and compassion. I would want to be valued and appreciated. It would not have to be anything big. In fact, comforting, loving words are all that is needed to raise my spirits. I am certain that is true for most people. Some of the best things to say to anyone going through hardship are:
- I LOVE YOU!
- I care.
- Do you want a hug?
- You’re not alone in this.
- I’m not going to leave you.
- I’m sorry for your pain.
- You are important to me.
If you like, take it a step further and invite anyone you know who might be alone for the holidays to spend time with you, your family and your friends. Share your joy, love, kindness and compassion with others. Loving words are truly one of the BEST gifts you can give others who are in need.
- Daily IN-spiration ~ ~ ~ December 3rd (revsandy.wordpress.com)
- Eleven Hints for Life (growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Etiquette (springwolf.net)
- Just a Christmas Thought in Passing….. (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Like An Airport Luggage Carousel (ohtomeohmy.wordpress.com)
- Not My Issue! (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)