Purpose has been defined as:
- The object toward which one strives or for which something exists.
- An aim or a goal.
- A result or effect that is desired.
- An intention.
- The matter at hand or the point at issue.
- The reason why something is done or used.
- The feeling of being determined to do or achieve something.
Each of us has a purpose, but many of us have yet to identify it. When we experience this uncertainty in our lives, it can bring about many negative emotions such as sadness, unworthiness and fear. Clarity of purpose comes from examining our personal experiences. When did we have our best moments; and, when did we experience our worst moments? What did we learn from these events in our lives?
Clarity of our purpose will come by honestly answering these questions and reflecting on our past and present. Everything I have experienced in my life has illuminated my purpose. I have gone through events in my childhood that have allowed me to become empathetic to victims of bullying and similar negative events.
I have also listened to my intuition and I have been open to receiving divine signs. Each time that I have used my gifts and skills in teaching, writing and art to express my wisdom and inspire others, I have received validation in various forms, such as appreciation, praise and opportunities to reach more people.
As you gain clarity of your purpose and focus upon it, you will be filled with positive energy and feelings. Opportunities will present themselves to you that will help you achieve and manifest your dreams and goals. I find that aligning my purpose with my talents and skills, as well as staying focused (not allowing myself to get sidetracked by other ideas) produces immediate outcomes.
If you are not exactly certain of your purpose, it is okay to experiment. Tweak your objective and see the outcome. And, be honest with yourself as your reflect upon this outcome. You WILL come to know your purpose and you will be met with a significant amount of positive energy and emotion.
- A Purpose-driven Life (tingkelly.wordpress.com)
- Being Purposeful + (tonningsen.wordpress.com)
- Question Of The Year (vision2realityintl.com)
- Your Goals, Your Vision, You Future!!! (inspiringpeopletoday.wordpress.com)
- Thinking Magically™ | Your Definite Major Purpose Formula (scottgrossberg.wordpress.com)
- 3 Things You Can Do NOW To Find Your Purpose (soulfoodmarketing.wordpress.com)
- 3 Questions to Ask Yourself Everyday (tingkelly.wordpress.com)
- How to Change Today (healthwellnessandsuccess.wordpress.com)
Comments on: "Purpose" (5)
Outrageously on purpose ~ Thank You~ 🙂
AMAZING, thank you for for post!!!
Right on!!!……especially the honesty part when evaluating.
Purpose is about meaning not action …
A thoughtful (and good) post here!. Thank you for the pingback to mine. 🙂