My magnificent hands rarely get praise. I do so much with my hands without thinking and thanking my hands. From the moment I arise in the morning, my hands go to work without complaint. Their duties include: turning off the alarm clock; holding my toothbrush to brush my teeth; turning on and off the water in the sink; turning on the shower, washing my hair and body; grabbing a towel and drying myself; grabbing toilet paper, wiping and flushing the toilet; brushing my hair; applying cream and occasionally make-up; opening the closet door and dresser drawers; retrieving various items of clothing; dressing myself; and the list goes on and on and on…and I have not even been awake an hour. You have so many duties and you get so little gratitude.
I want to take this time to really appreciate my hands, as I utilize them to type these very words. Dear hands…thank you…thank you so very much. I deeply appreciate the role you play in my life, allowing me to do so many wonderful and creative things like draw, paint and write. I will take more time from now on to honor you, my hands. I will pamper you with lotion and gently massage you. HANDS… You are magnificent. Thank you so very much!
- Day 3: The Power of Gratitude and Appreciation (createalifeulove.wordpress.com)
- Day 11: How to Increase Writer Joy with Gratitude (afterwriterdreams.com)
- Happy Thanksgiving Day (youareillimitable.wordpress.com)
- A sense of gratitude is your binoculars into the future (iframeworks.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude by Cindy Christiansen (kcchristinatime4love.wordpress.com)
- 11th Hour Preacher Party: Gratitude edition (revgalblogpals.org)
- Why be Thankful? (pacefulhealing.wordpress.com)
- Choosing Joy and Gratitude (buadventuresinuganda.wordpress.com)
- Grateful: Août 2013 (cilla44.wordpress.com)
- On gratitude and thanks: a sermon for the UU community of Montreal (velveteenrabbi.blogs.com)