As a child faith was so easy, especially if you had loving and supportive parents to lay down the foundation. Christmas was always such a magical time for me. In other cultures it may be another holiday or event that renews the faith of a child. Whatever holiday or event it may be let us hold onto that sparkle that ignites our heart and spirit. May we all be grounded in our belief of love and kindness. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Posts tagged ‘Christianity’
The Day Before Christmas
by: Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko
It was the day before Christmas
and all through the land.
People trying to complete
their last-minute Christmas plans.
Goodwill is around us,
if you open your eyes;
See people acting kindly;
it is Jesus in disguise.
Smiles and laughter
will rule this day,
With Christmas carols
playing along the way.
However, keep in mind
that a few souls will be
Not as much into Christmas
celebration as you and me.
A hole in their heart from a past
event that brought them despair.
Let us create for them new memories
and fill them with love and tender care.
Appreciate and value every
person that crosses your way,
Know them or not, express love
and kindness; make their day.
Christmas can be a magnificent
and marvelous time to bring
A new season of compassion and love,
let every bell chime and every voice sing.
“Merry Christmas to all and to all Love and Thanksgiving!”
- A warm greeting to you on Christmas Day (smartntrendymom.wordpress.com)
- Have Yourself a Merry Christmas! (feetfirstbook.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! (stjohnswortmontessori.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas (cupcakesandwanderlust.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas 2012! (cherokeebillie.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! (ngnrdgrl.wordpress.com)
- Merry Christmas! (ruthiedean.com)
- Merry Christmas (foodnerd4life.com)
by Dr. Angela K. Orboko
The shortest day of the year approaches.
It is upon us, the dark winter solstice.
Some believe this may be the end of human time.
I know it to be the start of new reasoning and rhyme.
Love will rule our hearts as we help our sisters and brothers…
Of every religion, creed, culture and color.
The power’s within us to create a world of love, serenity and bliss.
All we need to do is BELIEVE it already exists.
Welcome the light as we approach Spring and Summer.
Yes, I know, our kin are already experiencing it, Down Under.
Happy Winter/Summer Solstice!
- Winter Solstice (barnabyd.wordpress.com)
- Repatterning for the Winter Solstice – Tune Up for the Season (journeyswithoz.wordpress.com)
- The Renewal of Yule in 2012 (reclaimingaphrodite.wordpress.com)
- Everything you need to know: Winter solstice 2012 (earthsky.org)
Dr. Wayne Dyer has often said that TRUE NOBILITY is really NOT about being better than everyone else. It is about being better than you used to be. It is shedding the mantra of the ego, “what’s in it for me?” and practicing the mantra of one’s highest self, “how may I serve?” Dr. Dyer feels that there is no greater model of that than the man who lived in Assisi (Saint Francis).
I believe each of us are gradually awakening to this higher spirit within ourselves, where we can shed the self-serving habits. We are developing our loving and compassionate hearts and spirits by practicing love and kindness, no matter the circumstances. We are beginning to show our capacity and ability to be pure love to one another, to all living creatures, to our environment and to our world.
Everything in our world are our sisters and brothers. We get to share our pure and unconditional love to our sister butterflies, brother birds, sister flowers, brother sun and sister moon. We get to live from the place within us where there is no condemnation, no judgment, no criticism towards any of God’s children, anywhere! The moment we can love that of which we most fear or hate, then we will know pure, unconditional love that of which is Jesus Christ and God (and all the higher spirits of the Universe). We DO have the ability! We can be love for each other and the world. I believe this to be awesome and wonderful.
- Just be your true, authentic self… for real! (gr8fulbugger.com)
- Wayne W. Dyer – Live in a Universe That Loves You – 16November2012 (thegoldenagedaily.wordpress.com)
- The Art Of True Nobility (mindsofothers.wordpress.com)
- Here is How You Do It (turcanprogram.com)
- Dr. Wayne Dyer: Wishes Fulfilled (alaskapublic.org)
- Saint Francis and the Imitation of Christ (insightscoop.typepad.com)
In the face of the recent tragedy, the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut that took the lives of 27 people, let us embrace each other and be love. Let our hearts fill with compassion for those directly affected today as it has touched each of us. I know I have experienced disbelief, shed a few tears and questioned, “why?’ But, this will not bring our loved ones back to their living state.
Love, positive thoughts and prayers are the only things that will heal the wounds of today. Anger and sorrow will not. May God bless and comfort anyone who is experiencing anger and sorrow. May we all have a better understanding of each other and appreciate our fellow humankind a bit more. Let this tragedy bring us closer. Let us stem from our very being as pure love and send it out to those are deeply hurt today.
- Tragedy in Connecticut (graceelizabeths.wordpress.com)
- time of prayer (exegete77.wordpress.com)
- A Mourning Time. (rachaeleden67.wordpress.com)
- What I am Going to Say About the Newton Tragedy To My Own Three Sons (allthatmakesyou.com)
- Prayers for Connecticut Families (thedomesticfringe.com)
- How Do You Say Goodbye? (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
I am so grateful it is Friday! It has been a long week! I am ready for the weekend. How do you plan to recharge your batteries?
I am going to enjoy friends and nature. There are a few events I plan to attend both sad and happy events. The circle of life are filled with these. This weekend it is my turn to shoulder the pain of a friend who lost her mother, as well as to celebrate with other friends who are confirming their faith. I also plan to get in some self-nurturing time, where I will go out and walk outdoors. This will be my opportunity to reconnect with myself and nature. During these rejuvenating walks, I use these peaceful moments for prayer and mediation. This will be a bittersweet weekend.
- T.g.i.f! (healthytransformationwitherincipriani.wordpress.com)
Don’t let fear stop you; it is selfish NOT to share your gifts and talents with the world. ~ Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko
At times (like right now) I need to remind myself that I need to share my talents; it is selfish of me to hold back. God bestowed upon me many wonderful gifts to impart with others. He does not want me to hoard them and judge them. Who am I decide if I am good enough? That is only for God to decide. My words, my art, my insights are important. If I need to hear and see it, then most likely others need to read and see them, too.
We all have gifts, talents and experiences that are unique to us. No one else has the same exact ones. We connect and interact with others, build relationships and communities when we share our unique gifts and experiences. Empower others to see your value. Allow them to appreciate you and your unique talents. Don’t let fear make you appear selfish! You are amazing! Go out and share your gifts, talents and experiences. And, keep in mind, you cannot please everyone, but you can please yourself. Do what you please and you will find you will delight others.
- Forgiveness, a selfish act (erikarenea.com)
- Jonathan Edwards on Love and Selfishness (sethsoasis.wordpress.com)
- Time will Transform… (Dr. Angi’s Law #3) (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Trust Your Creative Flow (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Gotcha! (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Bad Moments (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)