Thankful for Friends and Neighbors
I am thankful for good friends and neighbors! I had the opportunity to connect and socialize with both a good friend and a great neighbor today, which was a timely reminder for me on the importance of having good people in my life. I find that Facebook makes it easier for me to stay connected; and, I am grateful that many of my friends, neighbors and family members use it.
I am thankful that those in my life who do use Facebook are mindful of netiquette, which is the term used for internet etiquette. Good manners and positive treatment is very important whether we are on-line, face-to-face or on-the-phone. With social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, which are so public, I am very conscious of how I present myself.
I make an effort to post only positive messages; moreover, I make a point to praise and promote my Facebook friends whenever I can. I value people and their feelings, therefore, I make a practice of only stating kind and positive statements about others. If I cannot say something nice, I do not say anything at all. I will not sing-song with others who wish to go down the path of negativity; and, fortunately for me, my friends rarely take that path. This builds meaningful interpersonal relationships and positive communities. I appreciate my good friends and neighbors.
- Thankful Thursday: A Review of a Week of Gratitude (allbtwnthelines.wordpress.com)
- the little things (chrisrayhons.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days of Thankful 2012 – Day 8 (becomingthatfamily.wordpress.com)
- I’m Feeling Led Here…Let’s Talk (somerempress.com)
- Thankful November (irlsocialmedia.com)
- 30 Days of Thankful 2012 – Day 9 (becomingthatfamily.wordpress.com)
- A Week of Thankfulness (suepatterson.wordpress.com)