You are what you say you are…
You have been trapped by what you said,
ensnared by the words of your mouth… Proverbs 6:2 (NIV)
Words are powerful! As we say them and hear them, our mind, body and spirit believe them; therefore, it is imperative that we speak words that are positive. As Joel Osteen states in his book, I Declare, “Don’t use your words to describe your situation. Use your words to change your situation.”
Instead of saying that your life is hard and that you will never get a break; rephrase it to change it. Declare that your life is worth living and that you are blessed with good health and strength. Wake up each day stating that it is going to be your best ever, that you are enthusiastic about your future and that something wonderful is about to happen to you.
In retrospect, I have found that what I have said about myself, became reality, positive or negative alike. It is important for me to think and declare positive things… I am blessed, I am important, I am talented, I have a brilliant future ahead of me. My efforts count more than I will ever know. I am creating happiness in my life and the lives of others.
You get to fill in the blanks for yourself. Go back and reflect upon all the events in your life. What did you say before each of the challenges, trials and positive events in your life? Do you see self-fulfilling prophecy at work? You are what you say you are.
- Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria Osteen – Don’t Get Snared (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Many Closed Doors Before The Open Door (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Reflections: What Are You Declaring Over Your Life? (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Joel Osteen and Rick Warren on Winfrey’s ‘Oprah’s LifeClass’ (christculturenews.wordpress.com)
- Joel Osteen host my dad Victor Torres (rosalindarivera.wordpress.com)