Happiness is permitting our inner children to come out and play! ~ Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko
Sometimes we forget who our inner children are. I know I have at times, especially during times of worry or stress. How do we reconnect with our inner child? Here the possibilities are endless, but you have to be open to receive them.
For most it is as easy as reflecting back to your happiest childhood memory and reliving it in your mind or in the moment. If it is going out and splashing in rain puddles or flying a kite, then visualize it. Maybe it is baking cookies with grandma or going to the beach for the first time. Some of these activities you can simply do again and recapture the joy.
Smells, sights and sounds can trigger the happiest of memories. By reconnecting with our inner children, we are tapping into our innocence, our trust, our faith, our love and our joy. The simplest activities, events or things were thrilling and joyful. Permit your inner child to come out and play; and, I am certain you will experience happiness just thinking about it.
- Playtime! (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Creativity (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Nourishment for the Heart and Soul (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Be Like a Child (nsnhc.typepad.com)
- Children prefer simple pleasures to organised trips, research finds (telegraph.co.uk)