How does one define authenticity? Authenticity is the state of being real, truthful, genuine and/or sincere. One of the hardest things to do is to be authentic when you do not know who you are. Defining yourself and your purpose builds confidence and authenticity; furthermore, with authenticity, you build relationships based on love and trust.
That is great if you know who you are; but, suppose you are not clear on your purpose and/or who you truly are? A good place to start is to place yourself in front of a mirror and state your name, “I am…[insert your name]” Then follow this up with all those positive affirmations that you know are true about yourself, “I am smart; I am open to new ideas; I am a good listener; I am a good friend; I am a great parent; I am wonderful spouse; I am…” Allow the list to go on and on.
Then write these positive affirmations down on notes you can stick all over the place to remind you of exactly all the wonderful things you are. Also, consider all the activities and events that bring you joy. Write these down in a notebook or journal, along with all the positive affirmations. Reflect on these, as these begin to define who you are authentically.
Guess what? You are what you think you are. You become your words and your thoughts. Also, you get to choose those words and thoughts every single day and every single moment of your life. There are many methods to help people clarify who they are and their purpose. A phenomenal way to gain clarity is through life coaching and/or mental health counseling. Now, consider the following, are you being true to yourself and others? What are you thinking right now? Are they positive thoughts? Remember, thoughts become reality.
- Day 111 – I love affirmations (mydailycreativity.wordpress.com)
- Day 3: Rewiring Our Brains: The Power of Affirmations (kakiewrites.wordpress.com)
- Affirmations have changed my life!! (wellnessspirit.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Positivity (reflectionsfromaredhead.com)
- Manifest positive results with the use of Affirmations (blissreturned.wordpress.com)
- What a great morning! (time4urelaxationwellness.wordpress.com)
- I believe in me and other affirmations. (mommablogsalot.com)