Are We All UNDER PRESSURE?
Okay, so it is less than 24 hours to Thanksgiving Day; and, soon after that the kick-off to the craziest shopping day of the year. But all the shopping and pressure is not what Thanksgiving and the upcoming holidays of Hanukkah, Yule, Christmas and Kwanzaa are all about. The focus of these holidays center around love, appreciation, hope, birth and rebirth. We get to enjoy and love each other.
Yes, one of the ways we in the Western modern world express love and appreciation is through material gifts, which leads to “shopping,” but it does not have to be the focus of our holidays. The best expression of our love and appreciation can be the gift of time, the gift of loving words and actions, and the gift of enjoying each other’s company. Right? As the end of the song, “Under Pressure” by Queen and David Bowie, expresses…
Can’t we give ourselves one more chance
Why can’t we give love that one more chance
Why can’t we give love give love give love give love
give love give love give love give love give love
‘Cause love’s such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And loves dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last chance
This is ourselves
Let us give ourselves that chance to be love for others during this holiday season. Let go of the stress and worry. No more pressure! Those you love and who love you will not be disappointed if all you give them is your love and time. In fact, you may be relieving them of pressure to give you material things. Now, that truly is a gift. Enjoy each other’s company! Love, appreciate and enjoy each other! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Giving Thanks (lifeinteriorsinspiration.wordpress.com)
- Good Question: Thanksgiving Now – Will Stories Open Christmas Day Next? (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Why I’m Thankful For Thanksgiving (5alarmpartyrentals.wordpress.com)
- What the Holidays Are Really About (heallovebe.com)
- Basu: We all pay for Thanksgiving Day shopping (abetteriowa.desmoinesregister.com)
- Why I Feel Bad For Thanksgiving (bounceandslidetexas.wordpress.com)