Next to my husband, my parents and sister, Sasha is my life. Sasha has filled a void in my heart as I have yet to be blessed with human children. I deeply appreciate her warmth, her loving spirit and her playfulness. Sasha is my shadow. She follows me wherever I go; and, she knows exactly when I need her the most.
When Sasha was a baby (puppy) she would sit under my desk curled up at my feet as I worked on my doctoral dissertation. Currently, as I work on various projects she still keeps me company, but she has grown a bit too large to be under my desk. She does get as close as possible. I enjoy long walks with Sasha almost daily as the weather permits. As long as there is no torrential rain storm or worse, I will be outdoors with Sasha. Here are pictures of her enjoying the snow we had last year.
Sasha reminds me to enjoy the moment, to delight in running around outdoors, to indulge in playtime, to love and be loved, to appreciate the small (but no less important) things in our lives, to be genuine, to stop and smell the flowers and so much more! The lessons are endless. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful fur-baby in my life. I am grateful and appreciate Sasha.
She is a joy and a delight! I hope each of you have had someone like Sasha in your life.
- Appreciating Outdoors (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Appreciating Warmth (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Brisk Air…Clear Thoughts (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- November: A Month of Appreciation (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated. After all, the word treat is a very positive one. Who doesn’t like getting a “treat”? Even our pets love treats! My puppy-dog Sasha responds with body wiggles (not just tail wags) to the word, “treat!”
Delight in treating others with love and respect. I receive such a positive charge when I get a smile out of others by expressing a compliment or simply smiling at them. You never know what kind of day they have already experienced, and this may just be the perk they needed to get through the rest of it.
Today, a gentleman held open a door for me. I always feel special whenever I am treated with respect. I looked him in the eyes, smiled and said, “thank-you.” And, he said, “you’re welcome.” It was such a positive experience. It made the rest of my day a bit more pleasant. Treat others (not just tweet…chuckle) and spread around the positive; and, notice how much positive is around you and is returned. Such positive treatment between people creates a loving community.
- The Little Things (essentjewels.wordpress.com)
- The Treat Tree (fiveminutecitizen.org)
- How you’re treated… (somethingyoumissed.wordpress.com)
- Ten Things that Instantly Make Me Happy (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
Just thinking about joyful things instantly make me happy! ~ Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko
I am certain there are more than ten things that instantly make me happy; but, these are the top ten things that make me instantly happy that I can think of at the moment! I encourage you to create your own list.
1. Seeing a butterfly flutter by.
2. The scent of home-baked breads, cookies or pastries, especially if there is a hint of cinnamon.
3. The warmth of the sun on a cold winter’s day.
4. A cool, gentle breeze off the ocean on a hot summer’s day.
8. Sasha, my fur-baby, greeting me at the door after I have been out.
10. A full moon on a clear night.
These are in no particular order as each of these equally and instantly bring a smile to my face, joy to my soul, and tickle my heart! I would love to know what instantly makes you happy. Please share in the comments below.
- Foster Monday: Sasha (washhumane.typepad.com)
- Lessons from Puppy Dogs (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- We Are All Someone Special (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Wake Up Happy! (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
I heard this story a few years ago and I felt compelled to share it here. Once when some adults were discussing and wondering why dogs have shorter lives than people, a six-year old boy, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ”I know why.” Startled, they all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned them.
He said,‘ People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The young boy continued,‘ Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.” They had never heard a more compelling explanation and it had made a lasting impression on them.
People take years to learn to: Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
We can learn from how dogs live their lives. My puppy dog, Sasha, has taught me some very significant lessons such as:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them. (Sasha does a great job of not only wagging her tail, but her whole body!)
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride. (I can whisper the word, “car-ride” and Sasha will here me from the other end of the house.)
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy. (You can see it on Sasha’s face.)
- Take naps. (Sasha never misses an opportunity to nap.)
- Stretch before rising. (I love the way Sasha stretches her body.)
- Run, romp, and play daily. (I think Sasha is part bunny rabbit at times and part deer at other times the way she hops along and runs around in the yard.)
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you. (Sasha is a glutton for attention; and, if she doesn’t get it right away, she will nuzzle you until you pet her.)
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. (Sasha is a great pretender especially when she has a toy in her mouth and you tug with her.)
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass. (Sasha is adorable the way she lies on her back and rolls in the grass.)
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree. (Sasha can go through a couple of gallons of water; she especially loves it with ice cubes floating in it.)
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body. (Oh, yes she does!)
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. (She prances.)
- Be loyal. (She is my shadow.)
- Never pretend to be something you’re not. (How can she be anyone but Sasha!)
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. (Sasha never gives up until she gets it!)
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently. (She is totally empathetic.)
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!
- Bath Day (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- Happiness is a warm puppy (xuelihuang.wordpress.com)
- Nature Notices (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
- A Walk in the Woods (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)
The sun’s warmth and the gentle breeze of the season made it an excellent day to just absorb nature. Here are a few of the 240 photos I took today to give you a sense of the loveliness I experienced with my husband and my puppy-dog Sasha. It was both magnificent and magical! Nature’s treasures were alive from dancing butterflies to fragrant honeysuckle.
Each of my senses were delighted! I am reminded that God’s presence is everywhere and my heart is filled with thanksgiving. I truly feel blessed! I think sometime this week I will create a painting or two based on these pictures. Nature has such a soothing effect on the soul. I hope each of you had an equally tranquil day and may you be blessed with a glorious week.
- Nature Notices (akissofbliss.wordpress.com)