Why is it so hard at times to accept praise? It is odd that it is easier to give praise than to receive it. Why have we been taught to be so humble? Praise should be embraced and cherished! There is nothing more satisfying to the giver of praise than seeing animated appreciation and gratitude with a resounding, “oh! thank you so much!” as opposed to a humble and shy, “oh, you shouldn’t have” or “really? thank you”. When one takes time to really show their appreciation for being noticed; people are going to notice that person more because they get delight in the praise, too! Keep in mind that most people do not praise others unless they are genuine about it. Give them the satisfaction that you appreciate the praise and shower the giver with gratitude and then pay the praise forward. Oh, what fun that would be.
When we praise each other it lifts the spirit almost as much as does when we praise God. Praise is a joyful experience that should be shared and relished. Celebrate the praise and uplift others in praise. Make certain, however it is not false praise. The undertones of false praise is negative and the intention of false praise will not go unnoticed. Praise needs to be sincere and genuine. The positive energy with true praise is great. One can feel it. Praise is an outward expression of love and kindness. Each and every person is praiseworthy at least sometime in his or her life. All the more reason for people to celebrate the praise when it is showered upon them. True praise takes a person’s spirit to a higher level of energy.
On a personal note, I wish to acknowledge and shower appreciation to Tristan of The Alternate Economy and Lesley of Sustainableutopia for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award;
Ann of Channel Comfort for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award; and Rose of Every Now and Then for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am so tickled to be the recipient of these! I am relatively new to blogging and have only been posting since Dec. 27, 2011, which is only a little over 6 weeks. I have come across some phenomenal writers here on Word Press and will proudly nominate my current favorites according to the rules of each of these awards. If you’ve been a recipient in the past, please consider this nomination as validation of your continued awesomeness!
Rules of Acceptance of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Share 7 intimate details about myself
2. Nominate 15 other blogs for this award.
Rules of Acceptance of the Kreativ Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the award.
2. Post a photo of the award.
3. Share ten things about yourself readers don’t know.
4. Choose six people to present this award to.
5. Let the six bloggers know they have been awarded.
Here are the rules for the One Lovely Blog Award.
1.Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2.Pass the award to other newly discovered blogs.
3.Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
7 details about myself and 10 things you do not know about me:
1. I love pizza and authentic Italian cuisine, especially lasagna.
2. I love art and crafting supplies; and, I try to utilize it all.
3. I adore puppies and love dogs…Sasha my 3-year-old pup is my inspiration and support.
4. I am married to a phenomenal man, Rick Orobko and our wedding took place in Canada.
5. I reside in the Commonwealth of Virginia and I have lived in Virginia for most of my life.
6. I am a first generation American; both my parents were born in different countries (Chile and Germany).
7. I have a phenomenal sister, Monique, she is my best friend and confidant.
8. I am a daydreamer and intuitive thinker; I now embrace and celebrate those characteristics.
9. I feel connected with everyone; and, with the dawning of the Internet, the connection feels even stronger.
10. I appreciate and value everyone! Each person has unique traits that need to be revered and celebrated!
My 15 nominations for the Versatile Blogger award are:
1. Andy Dooley
5. Spirit Space
6. NeoBoha life via a neo-bohemian
7. Commentary – Peggy Lee Baker
8. Time to Wake Up From the Sleep
10. ASPIRE. MOTIVATE. SUCCEED!
11. MAZE A DAY
12. Life, by the seat of my pants
13. Artist Marketing Resources
My 6 nominations for the Kreativ Blogger award are:
2. Life, by the seat of my pants
4. MAZE A DAY
My nominations for the Lovely Blogger award are:
It is fun to praise others and pay it forward.