Trust Your Creative Flow
I do my best work when I trust my creative flow, withhold judgment and embrace my natural talents as I do what I am called forth to do. ~ Dr. Angela Kowitz Orobko
Being creative means trusting your soul, your intuition, your flow; ignoring criticism or judgment, and releasing resistance to your natural gifts and talents. Pick up your creativity tools and have at your project, whether you arm yourself with paintbrush, crafting tool, pen, pencil or keyboard. Once the creativity flow starts, do not resist it. The hardest part is overcoming any kind of creativity blocks. Why resist when your ideas flow.
Creativity blocks will happen. It is part of the ebb and flow of any craft. Honor the creativity blocks and give yourself a break by getting out in nature and in public. Interact. Experience new sensations and fill your well of creativity. It is through new experiences that generate new memories and allow new ideas to form.
Collect first experiences and embrace the new sensations. Try new materials. Do activities with your less dominant hand. Write, draw or do anything with your eyes closed or blindfolded. Bring in new fragrances into your studio or work space. Listen to different music. Use different lighting. Exercise before sitting doing your project. Changing up your routine is a great way to eliminate any type of creativity block.
And once you have your flow, run with it. Believe in your craft! Give it life! Do not hold back or resist the flow through self-criticism or fear. This is what makes you a creative!
- Upside down – exercising the creative muscle (anneprib.wordpress.com)
- Go for a creative walk (liberatedway.com)
- 4 Ideas for Cultivating Creativity (psychcentral.com)
- The Creative Steps We Take to Stay Creative (bostinno.com)
- Learning from 9 year olds: Creativity & Patience (venturegal.com)
- How to become creative – the short honest truth (scottberkun.com)
- [Creativity] The Purpose of Balance (balancerefresh.wordpress.com)
- Brittany’s 10 Ways: Get Creative! (teacherpop.org)
- Top 50 Creativity Posts (my-creativeteam.com)