Spring Cleaning Thine Spirit
I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, 3, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace: 4 one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
23 and that you be renewed in the spirit (of your minds), 24 and put on the new self, created in God’s way in righteousness and holiness of the truth. 25 Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK the TRUTH, each one to his neighbor, for we are connected (members one of another). 26 BE ANGRY but DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun set on your anger, 27 and do not leave room for evil thoughts (the devil). 28 The thief must no longer steal, but rather labor, doing honest work with his [own] hands, so that he may have something to share with one in need. 29 No foul language should come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for needed edification that it may impart grace to those who hear it.
32 BE KIND to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another, as God has forgiven you in Christ. (Eph 4:1-6, 23-29,32)
Each spring as the Easter season approaches, there is a period of time (Lent) where people prepare their heart and souls through meditation and fasting, as did Jesus did prior to His crucifixion and resurrection. This is the perfect time of the year to do some “Spring Cleaning” in our inner spaces in addition to our physical environments. It is a wonderful time for reflection, meditation and prayer as the days grow longer, the temperatures get warmer and flowers start blooming. Meditation and reflection is a fabulous way for people to examine their purpose. Are we doing everything we can to be love for others? How can we do more to forgive and help ourselves and others (as we have been forgiven)? How can we do less (affliction of stress on ourselves and others)? Nature’s renewal is the perfect setting for spiritual cleansing. I invite you to look inward with love and compassion as you clear out the cobwebs of hurt and regret from your heart. In the book of Ephesians, Paul offers a prayer that is befitting for this..
13 Wherefore I ask that ye may not faint at my tribulations for you, which are your glory. 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, that ye may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inward man; 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; to the end that ye, BEING ROOTED and GROUNDED in LOVE, 18 may be STRONG to apprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the LOVE of Christ which passeth knowledge, that ye may be filled unto all the fulness of God. 20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 unto him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all generations for ever and ever. Amen. (Eph 3:13-21)
- Who Am I? (footsoldiers4christ.wordpress.com)
- What Are YOU Thinking? (rhondaburke.com)
- Sunday Sermon: What Story Are You Telling? (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- The Trinity: Equal Deity (jellybeanyee.wordpress.com)
- Spring Cleaning Is in the Air (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- Spring Transformation Can Be Spiritual, Not Only Physical (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Take your mat and walk… (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)
- Beatitudes (menofmud.org)
- Don’t Be So Easily Distracted (menofredemption.wordpress.com)
- Speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 4:17-32 Holiness (boynhillbiblestudies.wordpress.com)
- No Longer a Prisoner of Dysfunction (briancoatney.com)
- Forgiveness (elsewherebygrace.wordpress.com)
- Don’t let the sun go down on your Anger Ephesians 4:26 (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)
- Forgive Yourself!!! (bgtvmediaonline.wordpress.com)
- My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less (pjcockrell.wordpress.com)