Dr. Wayne Dyer has often said that TRUE NOBILITY is really NOT about being better than everyone else. It is about being better than you used to be. It is shedding the mantra of the ego, “what’s in it for me?” and practicing the mantra of one’s highest self, “how may I serve?” Dr. Dyer feels that there is no greater model of that than the man who lived in Assisi (Saint Francis).
I believe each of us are gradually awakening to this higher spirit within ourselves, where we can shed the self-serving habits. We are developing our loving and compassionate hearts and spirits by practicing love and kindness, no matter the circumstances. We are beginning to show our capacity and ability to be pure love to one another, to all living creatures, to our environment and to our world.
Everything in our world are our sisters and brothers. We get to share our pure and unconditional love to our sister butterflies, brother birds, sister flowers, brother sun and sister moon. We get to live from the place within us where there is no condemnation, no judgment, no criticism towards any of God’s children, anywhere! The moment we can love that of which we most fear or hate, then we will know pure, unconditional love that of which is Jesus Christ and God (and all the higher spirits of the Universe). We DO have the ability! We can be love for each other and the world. I believe this to be awesome and wonderful.
Between yesterday and today, my family and I have moved things up from the ground level in anticipation of flooding. As you see in the picture, we elevated my dinner table and placed items on top of it. We, also secured all loose items that we had outside. I was thinking, this an interesting metaphor for life as I seek higher levels spiritually.
Furthermore, I have secured my belief in my Lord Jesus Christ and God. I have buckled down all my loose emotions like fear and grounded them in love and joy. How are you moving yourself to a higher level and securing your beliefs?
I am upon the Eve of my Birthday. This is a great time to reflect upon the things I know NOW that I wish I knew five, ten or more years ago. The idea for this article evolved after reading a blog written by Insight: My 25 Rules of Adulthood.
With each day and every new experience I feel I have grown wiser. Passing this wisdom down to my younger self would have been awesome, but was I ready to hear it or understand it? Probably not. I will never know; however, here are a few of the things I have learned thus far in my life’s journey and perhaps you can gain some wisdom from it.
I wish I knew then what I know now:
- The difference between IMPORTANT and URGENT; not everything that is urgent is important.
- I should only value what I think of myself; and, not what others think of me. And, remember that I am FABULOUS just by being me.
- Happiness is a choice; so is fun, joy, love, etc. I can choose to be positive or negative!
- Acts of love and kindness deliver more than I might expect as my heart grows bigger and bigger with each gift.
- The path will have obstacles, which are there to teach lessons, provide experiences and assist in my growth and development.
- In most instances, there is no right or wrong, only different perspectives.
- Time does indeed heal all wounds and grant me insight if I give myself enough time and space from my hurts and wounding.
- There is a reason for everything…I have lived through many challenges that I now see I needed to go through in order to be who I am today.
- I am always where I need to be.
- To listen to my inner voice, that whisper that comes when I am sitting quietly, especially outdoors in nature.
- Life truly is an adventure, a never-ending, journey…I just need to show up to participate.
- If I truly want something, passionately and with clarity, I will get it.
What have you learned so far in your life’s journey? Please share in the comments.
- My 25 Rules of Adulthood (insightweblog.wordpress.com)
- Things I Learned At My Birthday Party (wholecreativity.wordpress.com)
- My Life is not what I expected (misswhiplash.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual insights – Part 1 (peaceofaman.wordpress.com)
- Window 41 (awindowofwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Realizing That I Am Part of a Whole. (responsiveuniverse.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Scroll Marked I-Og Mandino (speedwater.wordpress.com)